Cards can be a perfect craft for kids, and there are so many card making ideas you can use. This one simple craft can be turned into hundreds of projects. Below you will find a list of occations for cards, as well as suggested card making ideas and supplies.
Card Making Ideas – Occasions
While you may have an occasion in mind already, just in case you are looking for an excuse to make a card we’ve made a list. Kids can make cards for the following:
St Patrick’s Day
4th of July
You can also make up your own days, such as “Kid’s Day”, “Fun Day”, “Silly Day”, or anything else your child’s creative mind can come up with.
Card Making Supplies
Supplies for basic cards aren’t hard to come by. Here’s a short list of some items you and your child may use for your own card making ideas:
Glue/Hot Glue Gun
There’s lots of card making ideas you can come up with using the supply list above. We normally start with a blank sheet of construction paper and fold it in half. From there you can decorate your card with just about anything – glitter, buttons, beads, or any combination of items you find.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Nature cards can be made using dried flowers with packing tape to “laminate” them.
- Stickers can be used to decorate the entire card, and you can even use your own homemade stickers.
- Use popsicle sticks to create letters for the receiver’s name, or a stick house.
- Glitter can be used to make Christmas Cards. Use your glue and outline decorations or Christmas trees, then sprinkle the card with glitter.
- Use yarn for borders, or silly faces. Since it’s flexible you can make just about any picture or decoration with it.
The possibilities for card making ideas are endless – the only limit is your own imagination!